When used in this Policy, "personal information" has the meaning given in the Privacy Act. Generally, it means any information or an opinion that could be used to identify you.
• have contact with us in person;
• Have contact with us over the phone;
• participate in public or closed surveys, questionnaires or conference events;
• register for face-to-face or digital events (such as webinars);
interact with us online, including through our websites, email, webchats, mobile applications and social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or LinkedIn – these social media channels will also handle your personal information for their own purposes and have their own privacy policies);
• donated to another organisation and have consented to receiving information from like-minded organisations such as Swiss 8; and
• apply for a position with us (either as an employee, or as a volunteer or as a contractor).
This collection may be required to allow you to:
• join our websites as a registered user; make a donation;
• receive information from us including alerts via email or SMS communications;
• apply to hold a fundraising event;
• register to use forums;
• register as a volunteer;
• register as a Swiss 8 Ambassador or Speaker;
• download or order resources;
access services for your educational • institution or organisation;
• receive information about or become involved in our programs, campaigns or other initiatives;
• use our mobile applications; and
• work with us.
• Remarketing and Impression Reporting;
• Demographics and Interest Reporting.; and
• Government (Commonwealth, State, Territory and Department) reporting.
Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and web page usage in order to improve our services, programs, content and resources.
Our website use marketing automation tools that send communications (such as email or SMS) using a number of different services. Each service uses tracking technologies primarily to understand what subjects are interesting to you by monitoring whether your emails are opened and links are followed. This information is then used to improve the messages that are sent to you and to improve the services, programs, content and resources that are offered to you.
We collect the personal information which you provide to us. This may include your name, address, age or date of birth, telephone number, organisation, Military branch, Corps or muster, email address, communication preferences, or the amount you have donated.
If you order certain resources, or make a donation to us, you may also provide credit card details and other information which will allow us to process your request and make the transaction.
We may also request:
• your preferences for receiving further information about our programs, campaigns or activities;
• additional types of personal information such as title, department name, company information or marketing spend; and
• demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more personalised experience or to verify your passwords.
The choice of how much information you provide to us is yours.
We use the personal information we hold about you:
1. to liaise with our RSL and or DVA to confirm veteran status 2. To administer contracts which we may enter with you 3. To accept donations 4. To communicate with you concerning activities 5. To supply goods to you 6. To administer your volunteer involvement 7. To test systems with your consent 8. To respond to feedback 9. To communicate promotions and opportunities 10. For fund raising 11. For marketing 12. For user requirement information requests 13. For future service planning with you
We will not disclose your personal information to any person without your permission. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that those parties (who you have given permission to have access to your information) respect and uphold the provisions of this policy in relation to your personal information.
By submitting your personal information to us, you expressly consent to us using your personal information to provide you with information about our products, services or events or any other direct marketing activity which we consider may be of interest to you. We may also use your personal information for the purpose of providing you with other information, if it is within your reasonable expectations, that we would send you such information, given the nature of previous communications with you. You may at any time opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for the operation of our business e.g. regarding the payment of membership fees) by using the “unsubscribe” facility included in an email you receive from us or by contacting us using the details set out at the bottom of this document.
We store personal information contained in electronic records, in a controlled and secure environment.
Those records are only accessible by those persons who require access to the personal information for the purposes of carrying out their work on our behalf.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. When personal information (such as payment information) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information when our legal obligations to retain the information have expired and the information is no longer needed by us.
You have the option of not identifying yourself, or of using a pseudonym, when dealing with us provided it is lawful and practical to do so.
You may request access to your personal information collected by us, and ask that we correct that personal information. You can ask for access or correction by contacting us and we will usually respond within 30 days. If we refuse to give you access to, or correct, your personal information, we will notify you in writing setting out the reasons.
If you do not agree with any part of this policy or if you have any questions about this policy or if you have any complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy by us, please contact us in writing using the following details:
The Privacy Officer
Or submit an email using the contact us link.